What if stardom isn't all it's cracked up to be?

But I loved him ...

Dawnette Knight was obsessed with Michael Douglas. She claims to have met the actor in 2002 at a party in Florida. She knew he was married to actress Catherine Zeta-Jones, and she didn't like it.

Zeta-Jones, who won an Oscar in  2003 for her role in "Chicago," became her hated enemy. Between January 2003 and May 2004, Knight sent 19 threatening letters to Zeta-Jones, describing what would happen to her.

One said she would be chopped up in pieces "like Sharon Tate was." Another said: "We are going to slice her up like meat on a bone and feed her to the dogs."

Read more ....   But I Loved Him ...

What do you think about stalker/fans?  If you get rich and famous, it could happen to you! 

Views: 359

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hi Caroline, thanks for the comment. Yes Knight was a rather pathetic figure. And your hypothesis about who she was "really" stalking is an interesting one. Part of Knight's hatred of Zeta-Jones was, I think, related to her resentment that the actress was both beautiful and talented. Whether or not Knight ever actually met Douglas as she claimed has never been resolved. He said he didn't remember her, but stars meet fans all the time. Perhaps she glimpsed him from afar and began fantasizing...  Who knows? 

One thing for sure: the thrill of terroizing people is definitely part of the payoff for stalkers.

And Sean Young was stalking James Woods.

That's what gets me... why not obsesson Pitt or Clooney or or Mortensen or somebody like that.

I mean... she wants to hook up with Michael Douglas???  Eww.

He was good enough for Catherine Zeta-Jones, so he musta had something going on. :)  I've always wondered about that myself. She liked older men, maybe?  And he was rich rich rich. And famous. Plus he came on strong with her---something he always talked about. I think he offered her the kind of life she wanted. Oh---and he worshipped her.  

I tend to go more with the "he's powerful in the industry and has money" theory.  Have you ever heard her talk on TV or anything?

Oh, I agree. But being worshipped never hurts.

And no, I've never heard her talk on TV. Probably never will. Don't need to know any more about her. :)

Hm. James Woods. Better than Brad Pitt. Have you ever heard HIM talk on TV?

I can't stand Michael Douglas either, ever since I heard that he insisted that the ending of Fatal Attraction be changed (he was equally culpable in the first version) so that it was all THAT WOMAN'S fault.

What got me was that he was dissing a girl who was having an affair with Sharon Stone for being lesbian.   Like, what, the other partner wasn't because he's doing her.

From the time I was around Hollywood, one thing I figured out is that the impression you get from your favorite or despised stars on TV is seldom much like what or who they really are.  This seems obvious, but we all get sucked in.  It's what acting is.

BTW, I have a hard time thinking it would be hard for Zeta-Jones to find a man to worship her.  Like, walk outside.

Like, walk outside.

LOL.  True, true.  But of course....there is also the rich and big in the industry angle.

Though not everyone marries for fame and money, even in Hollywood.  Who am I to judge her?  It might actually be tiresome to be that gorgeous. :)

Frankly, I don't much like any of them. I expect they're all ******s.

The last time I had a crush on, or was even remotely interested in  a movie star, I was in junior high school. Back then we didn't pay much attention to their politics or their personal lives. We just saw them in some movie or other, and swooned.  However, I wanted to BE Gina Lollabridgida, after I saw her in "Trapeze."   :)  So I made a paper doll.

You never know.

I always thought Val Kilmer was really cool, but when I got around "the industry" I found out he was this flaming asshole nobody could work with,  I never heard anybody say any different, definitely nobody who'd been on a picture with him.

But other actors I can't stand on screen.  Alec Baldwin, for instance, are great people. You never know.  

And there's Robert Redford. And Ronnie Howard.  Aren't they suppoed to be pretty great people ?   Some people are just naturally going to be a**holes. You don't have to have looks and talent to  be one...but it probably smooths the path early on.

I'll put in a vote for Harry Shearer as the nicest guy in Hollywood. Of course, I haven't met many of them. But I met Harry in N.O. at a writer fest and talked him. Great guy, very approachable.

RSS

CrimeSpace Google Search

© 2024   Created by Daniel Hatadi.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service