What if stardom isn't all it's cracked up to be?

But I loved him ...

Dawnette Knight was obsessed with Michael Douglas. She claims to have met the actor in 2002 at a party in Florida. She knew he was married to actress Catherine Zeta-Jones, and she didn't like it.

Zeta-Jones, who won an Oscar in  2003 for her role in "Chicago," became her hated enemy. Between January 2003 and May 2004, Knight sent 19 threatening letters to Zeta-Jones, describing what would happen to her.

One said she would be chopped up in pieces "like Sharon Tate was." Another said: "We are going to slice her up like meat on a bone and feed her to the dogs."

Read more ....   But I Loved Him ...

What do you think about stalker/fans?  If you get rich and famous, it could happen to you! 

Views: 359

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Oh, I believe you. And you don't even have to be an artist - anyone who is slightly famous, like the anchor of a local TV channel or a cute flight attendant can fall prey to a stalker. But stalkers won't get much attention stalking me. Or my wife. I enjoy my relative anonymity, which allows me to research and observe without attracting attention. Being male, and not esthetically handsome, I don't inspire obsessive love in female fans. Or male fans, for that matter.

Living in Amsterdam, instead of the US, also has its advantages. There's a reason why lots of American stars enjoy staying in Amsterdam...

Aw gee, now I'm really jealous ... not of your wife, but because you live in Amsterdam, one of my favorite cities.

And yes, as you say, the person doesn't have to be all that famous. Local TV or radio personalities try to hide the location of their homes. I don't claim to have been stalked the way my friend was, but I have had a few ... don't want to call them scary, let's just say uncomfortable incidents, where someone who saw me in a music performance and got my home phone number from someone (an office worker at a college where I taught) who shouldn't have given it to him.  

RSS

CrimeSpace Google Search

© 2024   Created by Daniel Hatadi.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service