Worldwide Call for Submissions: True Crime

Theme: Serial Killers

Calling all crime writers and crime reporters!

I’m seeking new true-crime stories for an anthology I’m editing for an American publisher. I’d especially like to see stories featuring serial killers from locations outside of the United States. (If you prefer to write about a serial killer who’s extremely well known to American audiences, offer a new angle on the story.) Material must be factual and fact-checked. I’m looking for well-developed content that offers the reader more than dry reportage.

Preferred story length: 4,000-8,000 words

One-time payment per story: USD $130 (and 2 print copies of the book)

Contributor fees paid approximately 1 month after publication. (Preferred payment method: PayPal.)

For: Non-exclusive rights with one-year’s exclusivity from date of publication.

No reprints.

Deadline for submissions: May 1, 2019

Contact me with suggestions and/or queries at:

Submissions4Mitzi @ gmail.com

Submission requirements:

Stories should be formatted as follows: double-spaced Arial 12-point Word document (sent as attachment). Indent the first line of each paragraph by half an inch. Do not add extra lines between paragraphs or irregular spacing between words or sentences. American spelling and punctuation (i.e. quote marks, etc.). Include your legal name, postal address, and an author bio of 50-100 words written in the third person. No simultaneous submissions please.

In the subject line of your email: Serial Killers anthology.

If you don’t receive an acknowledgement within a week of submitting your material, definitely follow up!

Mitzi Szereto (mitziszereto.com) is a multi-genre fiction and non-fiction author and anthology editor of more than two dozen books including Ladies of Gothic Horror (A Collection of Classic Stories); Florida Gothic; Getting Even: Revenge Stories; The Wilde Passions of Dorian Gray; Red Velvet and Absinthe; Pride and Prejudice: Hidden Lusts and Thrones of Desire: Erotic Tales of Swords, Mist and Fire. She gives talks and readings at major literature festivals and teaches creative writing around the world, including universities. Follow her on Twitter @mitziszereto

Views: 254

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

The Best New True Crime Stories: Serial Killers will be out in November for the USA, December for the rest of the world. There is a pre-order link at AMZ (it's also available for pre-order at other booksellers). Thanks for asking! https://www.amazon.com/Best-New-True-Crime-Stories/dp/1642500720/

RSS

CrimeSpace Google Search

© 2024   Created by Daniel Hatadi.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service