If it's cool on the internet, you know I'm right there, doing it three years later. So, that said, here's what I got done last year and some goal setting for next year to make me feel bad at the end of 2009.
If you've got a year in review, link it to me in comments. If you've got goals for next year, link it to me so we can share successes together next year.
In no particular order:
1. I made money as a writer this year, and it didn't involve taking my figurative clothes off.
2. My daughter went from a baby to a genius in the course of a year. I'm going to call that my accomplishment.
3. My husband made money as a writer, again, that has something to do with me.
4. I finally feel like an adult with a house almost to the point I want it. Or at least, I got it to the point that I'm comfortable, and I can live with that.
5. We got my sister-in-law the fuck out of bumblefuck Ohio, and now she's starting a life out here in society.
6. Here's the big one: I SOLD over 100,000 words. Not wrote. Sold. (Hard to say how many words I wrote. I'll have a better idea next year.)
7. I got shit together to go back to school. Very anxious about it, but I guess it's the best way to step up my game. I hope.
I think I have more goals for next year then I have crap done this year, but that's how a career gets started, I guess.
1. Over all, I want to write about 250,000 words next year. That's a ton of short stories and gaming work. If I sell a percentage of that, it'll be awesome.
2. I'm going to get UnHero out to every agent and publisher in the free world until someone is dumb enough... Erm.. Clever enough to buy it and give me lots and lots of money.
3. I will get a few radio dramas up on the net for everyone to enjoy. I love the medium so much, and I have the technology. Time to get that show on the road.
4. With or as its own word count, I think I need to start another novel. Feels like time.
So that's last year and the next. What about you, what are you doing?