ICE - International Community of E-Publishing
- To recognize and promote work of independent authors, agents, editor, publishers and other e-publishing professionals.
- To be able to vet outstanding writing and to provide assistance, via connections to other e-pub professionals to help an author produce quality work and product.
- Open to all participants who are working to produce emedia work.
- Open to all genres of writing.
Membership Dues: Open for discussion. We will need a way to finance this and possibly offer some type of award of recognition in the future. We will also need funds to promote the work of individual members and support a webpage and email lists, etc.
- Individual membership - author level (eBook, eZines only)
- Individual membership - author level -(eBooks, etc. printed material)
- Individual membership - Blogs, Podcasters and Reviewers
- Individual membership - editor, agents, based on 3 or more clients
- Corporate membership - e-publishing business
- Maybe establish protocol like Kindle Book Review? At least 5 reviews, 4-stars or more, before it can be considered.
- Independent board of readers who will vote on titles (majority rules if it's in or out)? There will always be *some* exclusion
- Categories based on length: Flash, Short Story, Novella, Novel, Multi-media (Like B.R.'s idea)
Professional Guidelines and Bylaws: to be developed.
Cross Professional Affiliations: This is something the organization may want to consider. I don't want to be exclusionary to the point of like MWA or Romance Writers. I would rather reach out to these organizations and try to build a case of value for all.
To contact Aldo Calcagno please email: firstname.lastname@example.org