The Main Bar (1,582)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Anyone subscribe to Poynter.org?

I've been subscribed for a few years because of my freelance work, but I've also found it useful when it comes to fiction. Check out Chip S…

Started by Christa M. Miller

5 May 17, 2007
Reply by Christa M. Miller

Which Conference to attend... and why?

I got hooked on Love is Murder in Chicago mostly because it takes in almost everything you might call crime fiction (mystery, horror, thril…

Started by Austin S. Camacho

10 May 17, 2007
Reply by Meredith Anthony

Classics

I just got finished reading On the Road by Kerouac and I'm starting In Cold Blood by Capote. I've read 2 Faulkners, 3 Steinbecks, and a cou…

Started by Jeffrey Marks

20 May 16, 2007
Reply by Christa M. Miller

Traditional Mystery--Is it on life support or just needing a face lift?

I've always loved the elements of mystery in a good story. Who doesn't want to read and solve the case along with the protagonist? There's…

Started by Jordan Dane

27 May 15, 2007
Reply by Dennis Leppanen

Conferences and the Myers-Briggs

Almost a week since I flew back from Malice Domestic, and I'm still ambivalent about the experience. I enjoyed myself on the whole, althoug…

Started by Julie Lomoe

10 May 15, 2007
Reply by Julie Lomoe

BSP: What's the motivation? (Don't worry, it's not about my book)

In the wake of some intense bonding within the mystery community at Malice Domestic, and during Edgars Week before that, it has occurred to…

Started by Elizabeth Zelvin

9 May 14, 2007
Reply by Elizabeth Zelvin

Anyone else notice a trend?

Maybe you all have, and I'm just slow, but it really annoys me to read an article, or hear a newscast, or read a story where ordinary words…

Started by Larry W. Chavis

41 May 14, 2007
Reply by Dave White

Gems for writers

What is the single most valuable -- or important -- piece of advice you received from: 1. a writer 2. a bookseller 3. a reader 4. a rev…

Started by Pari Noskin Taichert

40 May 11, 2007
Reply by Pepper Smith

Police Procedure in the Crime Novel

For authenticity, I am wondering how much police procedure should be shown, and/or how much is desired or necessary? Given that dialogue an…

Started by A F Waddell

17 May 11, 2007
Reply by A F Waddell

Does Your Name Google Well?

I never thought that as a writer I'd be thankful for my name. Sure, I've been referred to in mystey programs as Hirahiraha (my last name is…

Started by Naomi Hirahara

25 May 10, 2007
Reply by J.D. Rhoades

RSS

CrimeSpace Google Search

© 2024   Created by Daniel Hatadi.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service