Reading Room (240)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Craig Ferguson's Between the Bridge and the River

Craig Ferguson's the host of The Late Late Show on CBS, after David Letterman and opposite Conan O'Brien. Usually I'm asleep by midnight, b…

Started by Julie Lomoe

7 Jul 18, 2007
Reply by norby

New James Bond Author: Sebastian Faulks

Ending nearly two years of speculation, Ian Fleming's estate today announced Britain's Sebastian Faulks as the author of a new James Bond n…

Started by Gerald So

4 Jul 13, 2007
Reply by Karen from AustCrime

Reading Chapters

Okay, it's very tangentially crime fiction, but last night I was reading the Complete Judge Dredd Case Files (volume 5) and I found myself…

Started by Vincent Holland-Keen

5 Jul 12, 2007
Reply by Pepper Smith

Ambiguity

I'm a bit of a fan of ambiguous endings - but I know that other people want to chew up the final book chapter and spit it somewhere. What…

Started by Karen from AustCrime

7 Jul 11, 2007
Reply by K Barrett

Author Discussion: Jim Thompson

I have been on a quest since discovering the outstanding novels highlighted by Hard Case Crime, to finding the novels of the pulp and post…

Started by Evil Kev

13 Jul 11, 2007
Reply by Charles Kelly

Strike Up The Band

I’m reading a novel by a big-name author in which a character at the late end of his 20s fires himself up by blasting the Rolling Stones on…

Started by Vince Keenan

21 Jul 4, 2007
Reply by norby

Killer Year Authors:Have They Delivered The Goods?

Has anyone on here read any of the books by the Killer Year Authors? Ive only read the books by Rob Gregory Browne & Marcus Sakey. Love…

Started by Jason Kelly

13 Jun 20, 2007
Reply by Bethany K. Warner

Series Question

I'm ambivalent about series--whether they be books, movies, or TV. I want series characters to grow and change organically, not repeat them…

Started by Gerald So

13 Jun 16, 2007
Reply by Marta Stephens

How do Other Reader's Opinions Affect You?

Whenever you stick your head above the parapets and declare undying love for a particular book you can bet your bottom dollar there are a s…

Started by Karen from AustCrime

10 Jun 16, 2007
Reply by Marta Stephens

The Hardy Boys

I was flying home from Michigan today and needed a book for the flight, so I stopped in a bookstore in East Lansing and bought a copy of Th…

Started by Jeff Markowitz

14 Jun 14, 2007
Reply by Sunnie Gill

RSS

CrimeSpace Google Search

© 2024   Created by Daniel Hatadi.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service