Writer's Den (487)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Online information for crime fiction writers?

Can anyone tell me if there is an online site that might tell me what bodies dying from various means would look like to the mortician? Or…

Started by Patricia Abbott

18 Mar 26, 2014
Reply by Jeanie Clemmens

Could Use Your Votes, Gang.

Feb. contest entries have been approved; we made the cut.  Voting links going live near Feb's. end.  More info as is made available.  ;-)

Started by MC - Tina

7 Mar 24, 2014
Reply by MC - Tina

Finished the 'shoddy first draft' - what now?

I've finished my current WIP. First of all "Yeah - it's done". Second, what do I do now? I normally the put the SFD away for a month to per…

Started by Kerry J Donovan

24 Jan 13, 2014
Reply by Kerry J Donovan

NANOWRIMO

It's that time of year again--anyone here gearing up to give it a go? 60k words in 30 days. Any takers? If so, here's the link to the webs…

Started by David DeLee

9 Nov 3, 2013
Reply by David DeLee

Online Workshops

Anyone interested in improving there writing from craft to business to DIY self-publishing covers and formatting I wanted to let you all kn…

Started by David DeLee

6 Oct 10, 2013
Reply by Charles Harvey

Who has experience with KDP?

I'm uploading a book to amazon this week. I've not subscribed to KP before, as I made previous books available at Barnes and Noble for Nook…

Started by Dana King

25 Oct 8, 2013
Reply by Stephen Seitz

Center for Fiction

For those in and around the New York City area. This looks awesome! http://www.centerforfiction.org/events/

Started by David DeLee

2 Sep 3, 2013
Reply by Jed Power

Covers on CreateSpace

If anyone here has managed to publish via CreateSpace, I could use some advice.   I find the entire thing very customer-unfriendly. The inf…

Started by I. J. Parker

4 Jul 31, 2013
Reply by I. J. Parker

Non-Compete Agreements

For the professionals among us, I'm posting a link to Ron Hummers' blog on non-compete agreements. Never, ever sign one of these. http://br…

Started by Stephen Seitz

0 Jul 29, 2013

What a Novella Is and Isn't

Over at my blog, I go over what is a novella and what isn't. E-publishing has certainly changed the definition, focusing more on word count…

Started by Benjamin Sobieck

8 Jul 25, 2013
Reply by Jim Courter

RSS

CrimeSpace Google Search

© 2024   Created by Daniel Hatadi.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service