I have opted for a Kindle exclusive for most of my books. No one else gets it but Kindle for one year.  For that, they do a bit of publicity on Amazon.

In the process, I've learned some things that surprised and displeased me or didn't make much sense.  First, the publicity is really minimal. Second, I get the 70 % only for books above $ 2.99.  In other words, there are restrictions on setting a price.  Third, (and this puzzles me!) I'm not allowed to share copies of the books with reviewers.

Any comments?  Can all this be right?

Views: 32

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I hear ya, Jude, but technology moves so fast. No one knows what the market will look like in a year. A new device could hit the market and change everything. Being flexible is the key to staying ahead of the curve.

Like Jude, I would not downplay Amazon's promotion. 

Jude, I don't want to pay for a review. In the past, the publisher sent out ARCs.  At worst, I used free author copies.  In this case, nither option is available. I have seen no sign of a newsletter on the Akitada novels.  The only thing they did was to insert a couple of thumb nail announcements on some Kindle pages. Tiny ones amongst many others. I get better promotion from being linked to my Amazon pages, and that they do for all their merchandise.
Oh, thanks, Toni.  Yes, I must do the Goodreads thing.  Have heard good things about them. The Kindle exclusive gives me Amazon promotion, and they are by far the biggest game around. But that situation is only for one year.  After that, we'll expand.  :)
Went there yesterday and liked it a lot.  Thanks much for reminding me.

RSS

CrimeSpace Google Search

© 2024   Created by Daniel Hatadi.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service