Writer's Den (487)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Nothing New Under The Sun

My mystery, the one that got me an agent, is currently on submission to several New York publishing houses. Yays or nays are forthcoming, p…

Started by Jude Hardin

8 May 19, 2007
Reply by Jude Hardin

contracts -- writers and editors

I think of a contract as being an agreement to deliver a book by a certain date, but lately I've come to wonder if some editors and publi…

Started by Anne Frasier

6 May 18, 2007
Reply by Jordan Dane

Rhyme Time

There's an article in the new issue of Mystery Scene about crime writers who started out to be poets. Sadly, my name isn't mentioned, thoug…

Started by Bill Crider

23 May 18, 2007
Reply by Bill Crider

Focussing on the not quite dead and buried

I've just posted on my blog an admission that I've given up on my previous book. It's finished and I'm pretty happy with it, but since it g…

Started by Vincent Holland-Keen

5 May 16, 2007
Reply by Vincent Holland-Keen

Writing Groups

I put this question on Mystery Circus a year or so ago, but since many here are new members, here it is again. Do you belong to a writing g…

Started by Patricia Abbott

34 May 15, 2007
Reply by Robin Burcell

Synopsis

About a month ago I edited a novel. Now the au, who's probably looking at self-publishing, wants me to write a synopsis that he can send to…

Started by Bill Mehlman

8 May 13, 2007
Reply by Karyn J. Powers

At last, something noncontroversial.

Race. That's right, let's talk about honkeys and spades, ofays and spearchuckers. Let's roll over that slimey rock and take a look at Amer…

Started by David Terrenoire

17 May 13, 2007
Reply by Eric Christopherson

Hangover?

Maybe this is a foolish question, but do any of you experience hangovers from stories you write? Or especially a novel? I finished the sub…

Started by Frank Zafiro

9 May 10, 2007
Reply by Dave Bara

Stab wound

My understanding of anatomy isn't very good, so I'd love some help. The most commonly seen way, in movies and tv, of stabbing someone in th…

Started by Bill Mehlman

9 May 9, 2007
Reply by Lee Lofland

A very simple question...

What non-writing activity helps the most with your writing? Meaning, when you're working, but not actually typing (or scribbling), what is…

Started by Paul Guyot

40 May 3, 2007
Reply by Jordan Dane

RSS

CrimeSpace Google Search

© 2024   Created by Daniel Hatadi.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service