The Main Bar (1,908)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Al Guthrie wins at Harrogate!

Just heard from the Fabulous Miss Donna Moore that Scotland's own Al Guthrie just won the Theakston's Old Peculiar Prize for his second nov…

Started by Brian Thornton

0 Jul 20, 2007
Reply by Daniel Hatadi

How to Book and Present an Author's Program

Attention, all MWA members-- Come meet the founder of the Men of Mystery and Festival of Women Authors programs, the award-winning author…

Started by Naomi Hirahara

0 Jul 20, 2007
Reply by Elizabeth Zelvin

One Big Happy Family - Group Hug!

Now, is it just me or do crimewriters seem to be really nice? OK, this isn't some sappy post that I'm typing with tears in my eyes; this is…

Started by Steve Allan

19 Jul 19, 2007
Reply by Jon Loomis

A guilty pleasure: reading bad books

I'm currently reading a mystery I consider terribly written - and it makes me inordinately happy. It's a first novel I bought at Malice Dom…

Started by Julie Lomoe

8 Jul 19, 2007
Reply by Julie Lomoe

A sneak peek at my new book on police procedure and investigation

Hi guys. Writers Digest Books has just released a sneak peek at my new book. Here's the link if you're interested. http://www.wdeditors.co

Started by Lee Lofland

9 Jul 19, 2007
Reply by Lee Lofland

Thrillerfest Thread

Word around town is that Thrillerfest has begun. I'm totally jealous of all of you that are over there, so I'm going to leave this up on th…

Started by Daniel Hatadi

26 Jul 18, 2007
Reply by Karen Dionne

Nick Lowe, Old Age and the Looney Tunes Rule of Writing.

What happens when you get too old to be an Angry Young Man? Nick Lowe, one of the people who drove a stake through the heart of corporate…

Started by David Terrenoire

15 Jul 18, 2007
Reply by Jude Hardin

Crime writers and comics

I've discovered over the years that a lot of crime/mystery fiction fans and writers also read and love comics. Lately more and more are cro…

Started by Jon Jordan

0 Jul 17, 2007

It's All in the Details

How much detail in a novel is too much? Specifically how much are you willing to learn about—let’s say—running a hardware store. What if th…

Started by Patricia Abbott

11 Jul 16, 2007
Reply by Adrian Hyland

Thriller Award Winners

I just snagged this from a post on 4MA..Congrats to all the winners 2007 THRILLER AWARD WINNERS Best First Novel - MR. CLARINET by Nick St…

Started by Patricia

1 Jul 16, 2007
Reply by Ayo

RSS

CrimeSpace Google Search

© 2024   Created by Daniel Hatadi.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service