The Main Bar (1,937)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Hey. Where'd that rug go?

As a freelancer, I have only twice been in the uncomfortable position of getting fired. Once when I was first starting out and just trying…

Started by Christa M. Miller

8 Jun 13, 2007
Reply by Christa M. Miller

When did they stop teaching this?

Please allow a good old fashioned grip session. I'm the editor and publisher of two small newspapers - 8 employees. I'm in the process of…

Started by EDWARD C MORGAN

9 Jun 13, 2007
Reply by Christa M. Miller

Let's hear your Book Expo stories

During the past two days, my Murderati mates have been commenting on their most positive experiences with the last Book Expo (http://www.mu

Started by Naomi Hirahara

9 Jun 13, 2007
Reply by Naomi Hirahara

THE BOOK CHANNEL

A few days ago I was talking about the futility of a lot of self promotion, and last night I had an idea. I know those middle-of-the-night…

Started by Anne Frasier

22 Jun 13, 2007
Reply by Anne Frasier

That was my idea!!

People assume that writers steal ideas from other people. But in my experience, what's much more common is coming up with what you think is…

Started by Tom Cain

20 Jun 12, 2007
Reply by Laura Root

advice on boosktore visits

Hi. I've already posted this on the mybook forum page so apologies if you've seen it there. I'm not sure of the protocol of this and hope I…

Started by Bill Kirton

14 Jun 11, 2007
Reply by Bill Kirton

Spouses that Matter

What about the spouses of series' detectives? First of all, there aren't that many. Most of the men and nearly all of the women detectives…

Started by Patricia Abbott

13 Jun 10, 2007
Reply by LC Fraser

CWA Dagger Nominations for 2007 announced

FOR ALL SHORTLISTED / NOMINATED CONGRATULATIONS THE CRIME WRITERS’ ASSOCIATION DUNCAN LAWRIE DAGGER AWARDS 2007 JUNE 6 2007 The Crime Wr…

Started by Ali

9 Jun 9, 2007
Reply by Stuart MacBride

Printers Row

Chicago's Book Fair is coming next weekend... June 9 and 10. This is a wonderful book fair, not just because of all the authors, but becaus…

Started by Libby Hellmann

0 Jun 8, 2007
Reply by F.T. Bradley

Anyone else thinking of going to the Harrogate Crime festival?

Hi, I just wondered if anyone else on here was planning on going to this? I'm planning to do it on the cheap (just go for the day, not over…

Started by Laura Root

19 Jun 8, 2007
Reply by Laura Root

RSS

CrimeSpace Google Search

© 2024   Created by Daniel Hatadi.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service