Reading Room (240)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Historic Mystery Recommendations

Well, I'm not overly familiar with the category, and am looking for some reading recommendations. To give an idea of the flavor I like, I'v…

Started by EDWARD C MORGAN

20 Dec 6, 2009
Reply by doug anderson

Thomas Harris

Red Dragon was a game-changer for me, and probably remains the best serial killer novel of all time. Silence of the Lambs was just as good.…

Started by Sam Wiebe

6 Dec 5, 2009
Reply by Jaden Terrell

What are Ross MacDonald's best books?

Hi all I have just read the excellent Black Money, which I enjoyed very much, and am wonding if anyone can recommend other Lew Archer Ross…

Started by Ben Cameron

2 Oct 4, 2009
Reply by G. Patrick Johnson

The Penance List

If you haven't read DAVID:The Penance List by Siobhan Cunningham, you might want to pick up a copy. Here's my review: The Penance List is a…

Started by Susan Whitfield

1 Oct 1, 2009
Reply by Susan Whitfield

tell me about your book

OK guys, I'm wide open here - my reading pile is low, and I need new stuff. I'm sort of partial to noir/hard-boiled stories, but I'll read…

Started by minervaK

37 Sep 27, 2009
Reply by Debbi Mack

The Swedes

For those here who take an interest in the Scandinavian sweep among crime novels, Sarah Weinman has a link in today's "Smatterings" to an i…

Started by I. J. Parker

6 Aug 6, 2009
Reply by Craig Sisterson

Martina Cole, anyone?

I've just previewed on Suite101.com the first two episodes of Martina Cole's The Take, coming to Sky1 in the UK on June 17. This struck me…

Started by Robin Jarossi

3 Jun 7, 2009
Reply by Robin Jarossi

Hardboiled stand-alones?

Hi, everyone. I'm looking for recommended titles that DO NOT feature a private investigator, cop, reporter, lawyer, etc. I'm looking for st…

Started by Brian O'Neill

12 Apr 27, 2009
Reply by Robin Jarossi

What Did you Read Last Month (and which was your favourite)?

Thought it was time for a new topic for readers - what did you read last month? I got through: Move to Strike, Sydney Bauer The Bloomsday…

Started by Karen from AustCrime

11 Apr 13, 2009
Reply by Jeff Ross

The Scariest Book Ever?

If you're a suspense junkie like me, and you enjoy an imaginative pulse-pounding tale told expertly with 21st century macabre flair, then y…

Started by Jude Hardin

39 Apr 4, 2009
Reply by Benjamin Sobieck

RSS

CrimeSpace Google Search

© 2024   Created by Daniel Hatadi.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service