Writer's Den (487)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Any discouraged writers out there?

Any discouraged writers out there? Just read a great interview with crime novelist James Lee Burke. Here is what he wants you to remember:“…

Started by Mark Young

22 Jan 6, 2012
Reply by Hunter Emkay

AHMM response time

We had a thread a few months ago about the length of time it takes AHMM to respond to story submissions.  I submitted back in July.  When I…

Started by I. J. Parker

15 Dec 10, 2011
Reply by I. J. Parker

The Antagonist

Some advice, please.   The antagonist in my next book is called The Antagonist. At first I thought this would be temporary, hoping that som…

Started by James Fouche

18 Nov 28, 2011
Reply by Jen Hilborne

How Do You Cure Writer's Block?

John Hansen is a crime author with a wise ass bent. Exhibit 1: His blog is named The Incessant Droning of a Bored Writer. His e-books focu…

Started by Benjamin Sobieck

8 Nov 28, 2011
Reply by Jen Hilborne

Within the Heart and Soul Release

Within the Heart and Soul to be release in December 2011 at the Page & Palette Bookstore by Roger C. Bull. The book includes Roger's po…

Started by Roger C. Bull

2 Nov 28, 2011
Reply by Eric Christopherson

Penguin's Book Country

For all "Newbies"  and anyone tempted to self-publish or publish electronically, please read today's blog by Joe Conrad before falling fo…

Started by I. J. Parker

20 Nov 22, 2011
Reply by I. J. Parker

How To Keep A Series Interesting

Leafing through a current copy of The Writer Magazine today, I came across an interesting article by author Anne Perry with the above liste…

Started by Mark Young

14 Oct 28, 2011
Reply by Bobbi A. Chukran

Selling Print Copies outside the US

Here is another opportunity for me to demonstrate my ignorance ... again! Those of us who are indie authors/publishers  offer our novels bo…

Started by Mark Young

7 Oct 24, 2011
Reply by Benedict J Jones

Authors: Are You Sleeping With The Enemy?

Have you been following the uproar between author Keana Davenport and Riverhead Books, a division of Penguin? According to a NY TImes artic…

Started by Mark Young

4 Oct 22, 2011
Reply by Dana King

No Such Thing As Fiction

I pose this question to all of us here and invite all comments and thoughts:  Do we write crime novels, craft exquisite villains and then k…

Started by Lisa Towles

9 Oct 13, 2011
Reply by Susan

RSS

CrimeSpace Google Search

© 2024   Created by Daniel Hatadi.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service