Schmooze Lounge (176)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Could This Work?

A common topic here is the difficulty new authors have of breaking into today’s market (even before the economy went south), and how a bad…

Started by Dana King

10 Jul 4, 2009
Reply by Dana King

Best "WTF?" Moment

They can happen when reading a website, or the back cover of a book, or a deal gone terribly wrong, or a paragraph that begins with "Else."…

Started by Benjamin Sobieck

13 Jul 1, 2009
Reply by Karyn J. Powers

What's so bad about BSP (blatant self-promotion)

Right at the top of the Crimespace main page, it says this site is for "discussion only," not blatant self-promotion. Yet what's so bad abo…

Started by Julie Lomoe

28 Jun 28, 2009
Reply by I. J. Parker

Amazingly blatant self-promotion

At the YMCA today after my Nia class, I spoke with a woman who did what may be the most blatant self-promotion I've ever heard of, and she…

Started by Julie Lomoe

13 Jun 10, 2009
Reply by Paul Mason

Blog Book Tours - Do they leave time for writing or reading?

Since May 1st, I've been immersed in the Blog Book Tours group, trying to learn more about blogging as a marketing tool. It's fascinating b…

Started by Julie Lomoe

10 Jun 3, 2009
Reply by Julie Lomoe

Absentee but trying

I am probably the most intermittent visitor/member in the Crimespace world. So if you don't hear from me, don't take it personally. You can…

Started by Linda Brown

1 May 26, 2009
Reply by I. J. Parker

Value of Being Part of an Anthology or a themed collection.

This weekend I'm attending the Melbourne (Australian) launch of 'Short & Twisted', I have a crime short story 'Playing Possum' in this…

Started by Hazel Edwards

10 May 10, 2009
Reply by Toni L.P. Kelner

Topicality: Swine Fever Pandemics and Fiction Prediction

Today the swine flu pandemic is major news. That’s a fact. Three years ago, I wrote about a pandemic threat to Darwin, via feral pigs. That…

Started by Hazel Edwards

6 May 6, 2009
Reply by I. J. Parker

When is the aim too high?

BR Stateham has posted an interesting blog entry, wondering how much agents should be held accountable for the current plight of the publis…

Started by Dana King

46 Apr 22, 2009
Reply by Stephanie Padilla, Editor-NewMysteryReader.com

Do you think a POD publisher will ever create a Best Seller?

We've dicussed POD publishing with some interest. Now here's a question to ponder. Can a POD publisher produce a novel that will crack the…

Started by B.R.Stateham

23 Apr 3, 2009
Reply by I. J. Parker

RSS

CrimeSpace Google Search

© 2024   Created by Daniel Hatadi.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service