Schmooze Lounge (176)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Pen name

I've been writing horror, paranormal, and paranormal mystery under the name Scarlett Dean. Now I'm working on a straight up suspense, and I…

Started by Scarlett Dean

12 Sep 29, 2007
Reply by Kevin Allman

Ghost Writing

I've been approached by someone to ghost write a book. What or how much do I charge for my services? I do have 1 book published and feel I'…

Started by GWPickle

3 Sep 17, 2007
Reply by Naomi Hirahara

An extremely loaded question

I know that by posting this, it's going to look as if I'm fishing. But I'm not, truly. Just overcome by curiousity! (Have been for months,…

Started by Christa M. Miller

11 Sep 10, 2007
Reply by Janet Reid

Marketing & Publicity

The hardest part (after writing a really great book) for those of us new to publishing is getting a handle on marketing. While joining foru…

Started by Peg Herring

2 Sep 10, 2007
Reply by Janet Reid

Questions on Publishing

Just recently I had a publishing contract for my first book, the first in a series of two. I say just recently, because yesterday we (the w…

Started by Liam Sweeny

7 Aug 5, 2007
Reply by Liam Sweeny

Publicists

Anybody know a good one who specializes in mystery/suspense? I put my novels out on my own press. It's a one-person shop, but I'm not very…

Started by Johnny Ostentatious

4 Jul 26, 2007
Reply by Rosemary Harris

Conferences - are they worth the time and money?

For a couple of months now, I've been flirting with the idea of going to the Mystery Writers of America's Edgars Symposium tomorrow in NYC.…

Started by Julie Lomoe

21 Jul 19, 2007
Reply by Michael Allan Mallory

Presenting your work online, free (the debate hits the radio...)

Hey all-- I know there's been a lot of discussion here (and in the wider writing community) about the sense/lack of sense in authors offer…

Started by Simon Spurrier

3 Jul 9, 2007
Reply by Simon Spurrier

The Edgars

I saw online that Invisible Shield has been submitted for an Edgar nomination. I didn't do it. My publisher didn't. So I'm wondering who di…

Started by Scarlett Dean

2 Jun 24, 2007
Reply by Margot Renne Payne

web-site suggestions??

I'm filling out my publisher's questionaire, and there's a request for me to list 10 web-sites that would be useful for targeting readershi…

Started by Dave Zeltserman

19 Jun 23, 2007
Reply by Dave Zeltserman

RSS

CrimeSpace Google Search

© 2024   Created by Daniel Hatadi.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service