Love these books. There is a but coming. I got one the other day off Ebay which i haven't opened yet! Have to keep one back, that you don't read. Right. Like an Agatha Christie novel, you always keep one back 4 a rainy day. So if anyone likes Bill Pronzini and Agatha Christie, lets talk.

Views: 21

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Well, Pronzini's a recent discovery of mine and, needless to say, I'm hooked. I think it's mainly because my writing style's rather similar to his (not that I'm anywhere NEAR as good). Curious if you've seen the old book of short-shorts he released in '88 called Small Felonies? It's a great way to see how his confidence/style has just managed to improve and improve and improve over time. Gives me hope for my stuff.

As far as Agatha, I actually read her when I was a wee lad living in England (seemed the right place and time), but have yet to pick up her stuff since returning stateside. I think I'm more inclined toward Poirot, but I'd love to see a darker variation of a Miss Marple character show up in some modern writer's stuff. Always seemed like an interesting slant to go with to me. Feel free to run with the idea...

Best,

Nick

RSS

CrimeSpace Google Search

© 2024   Created by Daniel Hatadi.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service