Forum Discussions (2,613)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Stranger than fiction

The coach of a national sporting team is found near death in his hotel room during a major competition the after his team loses an unrated…

Started by Sunnie Gill in The Main Bar

2 Mar 23, 2007
Reply by Sunnie Gill

The Telltale Heart

Elizabeth's discussion on 'voice' lead me to think of a related question: Does anyone else worry sometimes that they might leaking too m…

Started by Vincent Holland-Keen in Writer's Den

13 Mar 23, 2007
Reply by LeAnnDraD

Synopses

Ah, the dreaded synopsis. The three pager. To me, it's like trying to park a Buick in a Wheaties box. After toiling with one for over a…

Started by Jude Hardin in Writer's Den

27 Mar 23, 2007
Reply by Jude Hardin

Equivocal Ambiguity

This morning I find myself pondering ambiguity in crime fiction. (Before you start rolling your eyes and thinking I need to get out more...…

Started by Karen from AustCrime in Reading Room

8 Mar 23, 2007
Reply by Karen from AustCrime

CAST OF SHADOWS by Kevin Guilfoile

The best crime novel I've read in years. The blurb says, "How far would you go to look into the face of your daughter's killer?" A scientis…

Started by Joy Calderwood in The Main Bar

7 Mar 23, 2007
Reply by Steve Mosby

Writers: Inny or Outy

A reply on one of my blog posts got me wondering, so I'm taking an informal poll. Do you go out of the house to write or lock yourself in y…

Started by Christa Faust in Writer's Den

30 Mar 21, 2007
Reply by Brian Thornton

Crime Time TV

I'll be watching NBC tonight starting at 9:30 with "Andy Barker, P.I." Andy Richter plays an accountant mistaken for a private eye. Then at…

Started by Gerald So in Box Office

22 Mar 21, 2007
Reply by Michael C. Jacobs

First Chapter: A Wonder Unto Many

I should have titled this post, "A Staggering Work of Selfish Indulgence," or something of the like. What follows (attached) is the firs…

Started by Scott Hess in Writer's Den

12 Mar 21, 2007
Reply by Scott Hess

Your top ten all time fav novels?

I'm sure this has been done here before by now ( perhaps even many times by now ... ), but I couldn't spot one that had been done in the re…

Started by bluerosekiller in Reading Room

25 Mar 21, 2007
Reply by Alice Morgan

Quite a Few Irish

Here in New York, there are still about three hours left of St. Patrick's Day, and by coincidence, several of my favorite writers are Irish…

Started by Gerald So in The Main Bar

4 Mar 20, 2007
Reply by Julie Morrigan

RSS

CrimeSpace Google Search