Reading Room (240)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Where do you go to meet your favorite mystery authors?

Do you prefer to meet your favorite mystery author when s/he swings through on a booksigning tour, or do you prefer to go to fan convention…

Started by Beth Groundwater

18 Jan 19, 2009
Reply by Loretta Wheeler

Potential Source of Research For Crime Writers

Being a nonfiction reader, I came across Stiff: The Curious Lives of Human Cadavers by Mary Roach. Quite a graphic read. CSI Trivia: "Wher…

Started by A F Waddell

4 Jan 4, 2009
Reply by A F Waddell

Off The Radar - Great Books from Small Houses

I just read a feature article in the Toledo Blade about a book titled The Armageddon Conspiracy by John Thompson - careful there's a few wi…

Started by Peter Wentworth

2 Jan 1, 2009
Reply by Persia Walker

John Grisham's THE RAINMAKER

After reading Writing the Novel, I've decided to take Lawrence Block's advice and outline my favourite novels. I'm currently working on The…

Started by Johnny Ostentatious

2 Dec 24, 2008
Reply by Gordon Harries

How do you choose your next book?

I have a certain "method" of choosing my next book. In my bookshelf, I have two designated areas. One is for my favorite authors, like Robe…

Started by CT Henry

9 Dec 19, 2008
Reply by Molly Weston

Sussex: Peter Guttridge - 'A Ghost Of A Chance'

I've thoroughly enjoyed this week reading 'A Ghost Of A Chance' by Peter Guttridge (pub.1998, Headline) featuring his self-deprecating and…

Started by WhereDunnit

1 Nov 26, 2008
Reply by Daniel Hatadi

Don't Close Your Eyes / Ransom Beach

Have any of you read either of these books. They are GREAT!! I really like the characters and the story is exciting, thrilling scary with a…

Started by Linda Frank

0 Nov 17, 2008

Alfred Hitchcock: A Life in Darkness and Light

I'm reading this right now. Really good. The author, Patrick McGilligan, has some awesome prose. In a parallel universe he's probably a wor…

Started by Johnny Ostentatious

2 Nov 3, 2008
Reply by Sue Dawson

Tony Hillerman has died.

I saw the news this morning on Sarah Weinman's blog. It saddened me. I'm a big fan of Hillerman's work. At his best, he was as good as any…

Started by I. J. Parker

2 Oct 31, 2008
Reply by Sue Dawson

Kindle This!

A request to the internet hive mind. I’m filling up my Amazon Kindle for the long flights ahead (NYC, B-con and Germany) and I’m looking fo…

Started by Christa Faust

4 Oct 14, 2008
Reply by BlaqueSaber

RSS

CrimeSpace Google Search

© 2024   Created by Daniel Hatadi.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service