Reading Room (240)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

What's on your 'To Be Read' shelf?

Or, as is often the case, the pile of books next to your overflowing bookshelf known as 'Mount TBR'. Me, I just ordered Anne Frasier's GA…

Started by Daniel Hatadi

30 Jan 20, 2008
Reply by Gumshoe Carl

A KILLER'S KISS by William Lashner

Anybody else read this? It was the first book I read by him. Didn't really enjoy it. I thought the protagonist was a jack ass (I was rootin…

Started by Johnny Ostentatious

3 Jan 8, 2008
Reply by David Magayna

Share Your 'Best Of 2007'

Some people like to do these lists because everybody else is doing it. Others refuse to do so for the same reason. I'm a combination of th…

Started by Daniel Hatadi

24 Jan 8, 2008
Reply by Daniel Hatadi

First Paragraph

Months ago I started a discussion asking what the first paragraph of your current read was (since have discovered some great books this way…

Started by Donna Moore

18 Jan 7, 2008
Reply by Dennis Leppanen

Reading all the books ?

It’s not a new topic, I’m sure. And still. I would like to know your opinion. Some reader (fans ? acolytes ?) claim that readers new to a s…

Started by Bernd Kochanowski

27 Nov 29, 2007
Reply by Dana King

London Times - interview with/article about Donald Westlake

http://entertainment.timesonline.co.uk/tol/arts_and_entertainment/books/crime/article2930115.ece

Started by Laura Root

2 Nov 25, 2007
Reply by Donna Moore

Best Heist Novels?

With Stark's Parker novels as a given, any other recommendations for crackerjack heist novels, past or present? Currently rereading The Wh…

Started by Christa Faust

11 Nov 20, 2007
Reply by Christa Faust

Recommend a Good "starter" book

Hello all, I have a friend who is just 'getting into' the mystery genre. They have read Sandford, and the Dan Brown stuff, some James Roll…

Started by mike D

17 Nov 6, 2007
Reply by mike D

Top 10 for first half of 2007

It's coming up to the end of June (damn that means end of financial year and all that rotten paperwork!) and I'm pinching an idea from one…

Started by Karen from AustCrime

27 Oct 31, 2007
Reply by Margot Renne Payne

T TBRe-RP

Every now and again, I get the urge to return to the literary womb. So I gather up a pile of oldies but irreplaceable goodies to read. I re…

Started by DADavenport

2 Oct 15, 2007
Reply by Patricia Abbott

RSS

CrimeSpace Google Search

© 2024   Created by Daniel Hatadi.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service