Reading Room (240)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Short Story Anthologies

Okay - new puppy with the attention span of a newt - so I'm craving short stories to read - something about long enough to grab a quick sto…

Started by Karen from AustCrime

14 Aug 1, 2007
Reply by Jackie Houchin

What makes you read?

What makes you pick up that book off the shelf and devour it? Is it the cover? The blurb? What?

Started by Kim Smith

14 Jul 31, 2007
Reply by Jeannie Holmes

Help! Who is the author who writes...

I saw a couple of mystery books in a store earlier this year, but now can't remember the author. The character is a folklorist, in the Ozar…

Started by Doug Wood

4 Jul 28, 2007
Reply by Janet Reid

Ned Kelly Shortlist - Have some fun and have a vote

Welllllllllll we're not voting in the actual result, but if you'd like some fun, have a vote in our own private poll and we'll see if we ca…

2 Jul 27, 2007
Reply by Karen from AustCrime

What else do you read?

We all know we love mysteries, crime novels, whatever label you prefer. But I'm a girl who likes a little variety in her life so every now…

Started by norby

39 Jul 26, 2007
Reply by Cheryl Reynolds

Agatha or Elmore?

I just finished a good mystery by L.C. Hayden, "Why Casey Had to Die." It's a cozy--no real violence or sex, mostly clues, redherrings, and…

Started by Jack Getze

16 Jul 26, 2007
Reply by Jude Hardin

Can a book be cursed?

I recently spent a very anxious weekend with a family member in a local ICU. I dragged along a new book to keep me company between tests an…

Started by Karyn J. Powers

5 Jul 26, 2007
Reply by norby

Hundred-Dollar Baby by Robert B. Parker

Just finished it today. Like most Spenser novels, I enjoyed it immensely. Anybody else read it?

Started by Johnny Ostentatious

1 Jul 24, 2007
Reply by Karyn J. Powers

Joyce Carol Oates

Anyone a fan of her crime fiction and/or her greater body of work (which is indeed great!)? I read a short story of hers, "Faithless," a fe…

Started by Christa M. Miller

2 Jul 24, 2007
Reply by Margot Renne Payne

Book Discussion - In the Woods, Tana French

Given chats recently instigated by Daniel about reader participation - what about we have a go at a discussion about this book. I mention…

21 Jul 20, 2007
Reply by Patricia

RSS

CrimeSpace Google Search

© 2024   Created by Daniel Hatadi.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service