Surely with a strong narrative, you must tell some things. I notice for instance in Ruth Rendell's very strong third person narrative, she tells a great deal of things in her narrative. She writes about her characters and their situation peppered throughout. Of course she uses dialogue--but she also tells the reader things. I find this extremely effective and interesting. Any thoughts on this?

Views: 7

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

There's a great deal of narration in Ruth Rendell's Tree of Hands. And I think in almost all of her novels (without Wexford). I like all the narration in The Bridesmaid, Adam and Eve Pinch Me and so on. If you glance through any of her regular novels you will see the narration I mean. I don't find as much narration in other novels by other authors. I ccould be wrong, it's just my opinion.
As for the Vine novels--i'm reading one--The Hous of Stairs. It's in first person (not my fav pov and not the pov I write with--) iit's good but different. i'll have to read more of vine ones to get the right impression. I think I have two I'm about to read next. thanks for your reply!

RSS

CrimeSpace Google Search

© 2024   Created by Daniel Hatadi.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service