Hi folks!
This Alabama doubleheader is this weekend! I gather there are still tickets available, so at organizer Margaret Fenton's request, I'm posting this info (I'm in there, under "other"). Come join us if you're in our neck of the woods... it's gotta be warmer than New England (esp. today, oh Brady!). - Clea (www.cleasimon.com)

Murder in the Magic City 2008

Date: Saturday, February 9, 2008
Time: 9:00 a.m. until 4:00 p.m.
Place: Homewood Library, 1721 Oxmoor Road
Cost: $45
For registration information, see: www.murderinthemagiccity.com or call Jonathan Benton, Bookseller at 205-870-8840

Your chance to meet and mingle with over 20 mystery writers!

Murder in the Magic City, a conference for mystery readers and writers, is sponsored by Sisters in Crime, Jonathan Benton Bookseller, and The Homewood Library. The all-day event will include panel discussions, a special session from our Guest of Honor, and book signings. Coffee and doughnuts, lunch and a “goody bag” are included in the fee. Here’s an excellent opportunity to meet some of your favorite authors, both hard-boiled and cozy, and to discover a few new ones. We have limited space available, so purchase your tickets early. Jonathan Benton will have books for sale, but attendees are welcome to bring books from home for the signings.

Guest of Honor: Donna Andrews
Donna is the author of two award-winning mystery series. The Penguin Who Knew Too Much (August 2007) is eighth in her series from St. Martin's, featuring blacksmith Meg Langslow. Delete All Suspects (November 2005), is fourth in her "technocozy" series from Berkley Prime Crime, featuring artificial intelligence personality Turing Hopper. For more information: http://donnaandrews.com.

Others scheduled to appear include:
Tasha Alexander
Deb Baker
Linda Berry
Don Bruns
Jane K. Cleland
Lonnie Cruse
Kathleen Delaney
J.T. Ellison
Jimmie Ruth Evans/Dean James/Honor Hartman
Rosemary Harris
Toni L.P. Kelner