Brazos Writers Spring Mini-conference, May 25-26, 2007

This Business of Writing is a one day mini-conference for writers in all genres, May 26 in College Station, TX. Helen Ginger, creator of the "Doing It Write" newsletter, freelance editor and book consultant will conduct a workshop on writing a synopsis that sells. Literary agents Mike and Susan Farris will talk about the common mistakes writers make. The Farrises will take pitches from writers.

Writers are encouraged to bring a one-page synopsis of a work in progress for the workshop. Two types of agent pitches are offered: one-on-one and group. If taking part in the group pitch, writers should send the first two pages of their manuscript for feedback during the session.

A reception on Friday evening, May 25, precedes the event. For more information, please visit the website: http://www.brazoswriters.org/wordpress/index.php

Views: 0

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hi Mark. I'm a lurking member but joined when I was living in Colorado helping my
mother. I've been back a short time and haven't had an opportunity to make a
meeting, lurking on the list and keeping up. This might be a great time to get active.
The mini-con sounds great. 'Hope to get to attend.

RSS

CrimeSpace Google Search

© 2024   Created by Daniel Hatadi.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service