Hi,
This is Delphine, from France. I am a scholar and a chief editor for a French publisher (Zulma). I am working on bodies in detective fiction. Don't hesitate to contact me if you have ideas on the subject.
Other than that, I have the impression that a lot of writers start writing detective fiction to counterbalance a frustration. I mean your husband is a jerk. Well, instead of killing him for real, which mich land you in prison, you kill him in a novel (and then, when you are feeling better, with the profit of your novel, you get yourself a good divorce lawyer :-))) What is your point of view?

Views: 93

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

i don't write crime fiction to vent a frustration, but when writing i don't pass up the chance to torture and kill people i hate. :D
Nice thought but not the way it happens - at least for me. The mysteries I write are light, 'cozy' some would say and the killings are almost incidental: the plot and the resolution being of more importance.
Cheers,
Brian
I started writing to create a strong female character with skills that I didn't see out in the market. But you can't have suspence without conflict. And it was fun to fugure out how to send the truck into the lake, but leave no sign that the person in the drivers seat wasn't really "driving." (block of ice on the gas pedal)
Sorry Eric, my theory is based on recurrent answers to my questions. I regularly interview authors and a lot of writers tell me this is how they started writing. Esp. women.

RSS

CrimeSpace Google Search

© 2024   Created by Daniel Hatadi.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service