Forum Discussions (2,639)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

3rd AuthorFest - June 23, 2007 10am - 4pm - Schaumburg Library

3rd Annual AuthorFest is on June 23, 2007, from 10am - 4pm at the Schaumburg Township District Library, 130 S. Roselle Rd, Schaumburg,IL 6…

Started by Morgan Mandel in The Main Bar

0 Mar 28, 2007

Recycling Is A Dirty Word

When a critiquing partner gave me feedback on a manuscript he told me the ending was weak. Then he made a suggestion. My female cop coul…

Started by Sandra Ruttan in The Main Bar

27 Mar 28, 2007
Reply by Sandra Ruttan

Keeping the Backstory Dynamic

In trying to write my first novel, I find keeping the back story from lapsing into a dull narrarive is difficult. I am trying to keep the b…

Started by Patricia Abbott in Writer's Den

16 Mar 28, 2007
Reply by Jannie Balliett

A Rose by Any Other Name...

"Call things by their right names…Glass of brandy and water! That is the current but not the appropriate name: ask for a glass of liquid fi…

Started by Jeri Westerson in The Main Bar

0 Mar 28, 2007

"An Afternoon of Murder", April 15, Clifton Park, NY

Sunday, April 15, 2007, 2-4 p.m.: "An Afternoon of Murder" presented by Sisters in Crime (Mavens of Mayhem - Upper Hudson Valley Region), C…

Started by Susanne Alleyn in The Main Bar

0 Mar 28, 2007
Reply by Julie Lomoe

Crossed genre identity crisis

What would you do with a book plot that is crossed genre, and you can't find the classification definition to market it? It's a paranormal…

Started by Jannie Balliett in Schmooze Lounge

20 Mar 28, 2007
Reply by BrianLindenmuth

P.O.V.

This is all about the voice. When you write in first person, you're telling that story from one character's point of view, in that characte…

Started by David Terrenoire in Writer's Den

27 Mar 28, 2007
Reply by Christa Faust

Starting Dark

My writing group read the first two chapters of my WIP and agreed that I was starting from such a dark place that they would expect the boo…

Started by Patricia Abbott in Writer's Den

15 Mar 27, 2007
Reply by Patricia Abbott

Malice Domestic, Arlington, VA, May 4-6

I've heard great things about this conference, but this will be my first time attending. I'd love to hear from other people on Crimespace w…

Started by Julie Lomoe in The Main Bar

0 Mar 27, 2007
Reply by Candy Calvert

Edgar Symposium, Mystery Writers of America, NYC April 25

I've been to this one before, and it's well worth your while if you're within commuting distance of New York City. It's a day of panel disc…

Started by Julie Lomoe in The Main Bar

0 Mar 27, 2007

RSS

CrimeSpace Google Search