The Main Bar (1,582)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

The fine line between obvious and dumb

Where do you draw line between being clear in explaining the events that take place in your story and spelling things out SLOWLY AND IN BOL…

Started by Vincent Holland-Keen

37 Apr 27, 2007
Reply by Vincent Holland-Keen

It's Edgars Week in New York

Spring has sprung for the week of Mystery Writers of America's big awards banquet and associated events, including MWA's one-day Symposium…

Started by Elizabeth Zelvin

9 Apr 27, 2007
Reply by Meredith Anthony

PayPal phishing ALERT!

More often than not I get paid for my copyediting and proofreading via Paypal. Today I got a notice from their Account Review department, w…

Started by Bill Mehlman

11 Apr 27, 2007
Reply by JackBludis

Introduction

Hi, This is Delphine, from France. I am a scholar and a chief editor for a French publisher (Zulma). I am working on bodies in detective fi…

Started by Delphine Cingal

16 Apr 23, 2007
Reply by Delphine Cingal

Virginia gunman's creative writing was disturbing

I've been distressed by the tragic shootings in Virginia, and the latest story I've read is the most disturbing yet. According to Adam Gell…

Started by Julie Lomoe

31 Apr 23, 2007
Reply by norby

discrimination and writers

I said self-employed, not unemployed. Had an interesting thing happen this week. I've been apartment hunting and had narrowed it down to tw…

Started by Anne Frasier

7 Apr 22, 2007
Reply by Anne Frasier

Reader or Writer?

This is the niftiest little website. I love that you can even stick in a little poll over there on the side. That little poll, bless its he…

Started by spyscribbler

17 Apr 20, 2007
Reply by spyscribbler

Needed A Few Days

The Virginia Tech killings were extremely upsetting for me. I lived in Denver during the Columbine attack and then relocated to the mounta…

Started by DADavenport

3 Apr 19, 2007
Reply by Connosisseurs50

Dated Books, Part 2

This is a follow-up to my post on reading dated books. My question this time is, “Should a writer update his books for reprint?” I’m askin…

Started by Bill Crider

30 Apr 19, 2007
Reply by Jeri Westerson

Flash Fiction

I've really been missing Flashing in the Gutter lately. What is everyone's opinions on Flash Fiction -- as a reader, a writer or whateve…

Started by BrianLindenmuth

5 Apr 19, 2007
Reply by Karyn J. Powers

RSS

CrimeSpace Google Search

© 2024   Created by Daniel Hatadi.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service