The Main Bar (1,710)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

More on Grammar

Because I just can't let it go. I kid, I kid. Anyway, I start this thread against my better judgement. Actually, my question is now on the…

Started by Dave White

10 Jun 6, 2007
Reply by I. J. Parker

Death by Ice

I've always wondered: Is it possible to kill someone with one of those ice daggers that plunge from eavestroughs during winter? It would se…

Started by Paul A. Toth

13 Jun 6, 2007
Reply by Kent Gowran

anxiety at the Kool-Aid stand

I’m worried. Really worried. About how self promotion has become not only expected but required. The more the better. I recently heard a…

Started by Anne Frasier

52 Jun 4, 2007
Reply by Charles Kelly

The future of fiction or...

...the rebirth of Doris Day's virginity. A friend who means well told me about Hollywood's turn to more moral screenplays and suggested th…

Started by David Terrenoire

20 Jun 4, 2007
Reply by I. J. Parker

This has nothing to do with writing crime fiction, but

A television show is scheduled to premier in the Netherlands this Friday night. Three "game show" contestants in need of a kidney transplan…

Started by Jeff Markowitz

13 Jun 2, 2007
Reply by Todd Robinson

Sigler/Harwood Meet & Greet Bar Night Saturday

If you're in the Bay Area and want to meet podcast novelists Scott Sigler (Ancestor, Earthcore, and Infection) and Seth Harwood (Jack Wakes…

Started by Seth Harwood

0 Jun 2, 2007

When is it time to pitch?

I did my first pitch a few years ago. An agent was at a meeting and there were several slots left to fill thanks to bad weather that preven…

Started by Angela Wilson

7 Jun 1, 2007
Reply by Mark Troy

Vicki Hendricks's new novel

I'm trying to have a "best seller" day on amazon.com tomorrow. If anyone is planning to buy a copy of my new sex, drugs and murder novel, C…

Started by Vicki Hendricks

0 Jun 1, 2007
Reply by Vicki Hendricks

Talk It Up

Talk should not be cheap. Do your characters talk to each other? A lot? From a short story of mine. Frustrated, Abie wiped the lens on his…

Started by Dennis Leppanen

2 May 31, 2007
Reply by Dennis Leppanen

Violence

Funny how that one word gets your attention, isn't it? I'm not sure whether this has already been covered here and I've somehow missed it,…

Started by Brian Thornton

12 May 30, 2007
Reply by Donna Moore

RSS

CrimeSpace Google Search

© 2024   Created by Daniel Hatadi.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service