My original goal was to be a hardboiled pulp novelist who wrote comic books on the side, but like Tom Neal, somewhere along the line, I took a detour, and got into comics first. Still, I figured what the hell – if comics were good enough for Hammett and Spillane, they were good enough for me. Then the market collapsed, and my "career" collapsed with it.
After a decade-long break from fiction writing while I toiled away in tabloid newsrooms and art departments, I've recently turned back to telling my stories full time – first with a return to comics, and now, short fiction sales to pulp and horror anthologies.
Maybe I'll get around to that P.I. novel one of these days, after all...
private eye stories at Thrilling Detective
(God, these things are ancient
– "Hit and Run"
– "Slightly Tarnished Armor"Recent Works:
– Gravedigger: The Scavengers
, One-Shot Comic Book (Rorschach Entertainment)
– The Night Driver
, Graphic Novel (with John Cork) (CinemaGraphiX)
– "The Spider and the Monster Makers," The Spider Chronicles
– "The Beast of Bava Pass," Werewolves: Dead Moon Rising
- Femme Noir: The Dark City Diaries,
4-issue comic book miniseries. (Ape Entertainment) In comic shops now.
- Kolchak Tales: Night Stalker of the Living Dead,
3-issue comic book miniseries. (Moonstone Books) In comic shops now.