Forum Discussions (2,640)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Luck

Samuel Goldwyn said, “The harder I work, the luckier I get.” I was talking to my friends Brett Battles and Tasha Alexander recently (act…

Started by Robert Gregory Browne in Schmooze Lounge

12 Mar 29, 2007
Reply by J.D. Rhoades

Fine Arts Festival of Elk Grove, CA (near Sacramento) Sat., March 31

This festival will feature authors, including John Lescroart, Gayle Lynds and yours truly. Visit the website at http://www.egfinearts.org/

Started by Alan Cook in The Main Bar

0 Mar 29, 2007

The Dream Convention

Hey all, I'm helping with the publicity for Left Coast Crime in Denver in '08. What I'd love to know is what elements make a wonderful conv…

Started by Pari Noskin Taichert in The Main Bar

22 Mar 29, 2007
Reply by Pari Noskin Taichert

Harrogate - worth a visit?

I've been reading Pari's discussion about the dream conference, and it leads me neatly into something that's currently on my mind: Harrogat…

Started by Julie Morrigan in The Main Bar

19 Mar 29, 2007
Reply by Mike Stotter

Brazos Writers Spring Mini-conference, May 25-26, 2007

This Business of Writing is a one day mini-conference for writers in all genres, May 26 in College Station, TX. Helen Ginger, creator of th…

Started by Mark Troy in The Main Bar

0 Mar 29, 2007
Reply by Jannie Balliett

Helen Nielsen?

I posted about her on my blog today, but I just thought I'd repeat the relevant question over here for anyone who missed it. Is there an…

Started by Christa Faust in The Main Bar

2 Mar 28, 2007
Reply by Christa Faust

Finding Time to Read

The other day, Dave White started a discussion about finding time to write. What about finding time to read? A few other discussions have a…

Started by Gerald So in Reading Room

21 Mar 28, 2007
Reply by anabrazil

Who Are You Taking To Bed? (READERS wanted)

I just finished Carol Anne Davis's Sob Story. Davis is a new (to me) author who writes intense psychological thrillers. Now, I'll be rev…

Started by Sandra Ruttan in Reading Room

54 Mar 28, 2007
Reply by Joy Calderwood

Early influences

What books influenced you as a child? I loved TREASURE ISLAND and still remember the scene in JOHNNY TREMAIN when his injury occurred. T…

Started by Harry Hunsicker in Reading Room

33 Mar 28, 2007
Reply by Merrill Young

I posted this as a blog post, but...

used to read the Hardy Boys and Sherlock Holmes. That inspired my love of mysteries. But I'm realizing more and more that after elementary…

Started by Dave White in Writer's Den

2 Mar 28, 2007
Reply by Dave White

RSS

CrimeSpace Google Search