The Main Bar (1,876)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

OHHH NOOO! ROWLING NOT WRITING CRIME FICTION

Rankin was joking! I got suckered in and passed it on, but let's blame Associated Press, which picked up and spread the story. Here's part…

Started by Elizabeth Zelvin

6 Aug 23, 2007
Reply by Bethany K. Warner

Musical Noir

We know about noir lit and film noir, but what about noir music? I just posted my nomination for "Best Noir Song" to my crimespace--Lush Li…

Started by Kelli Stanley

47 Aug 23, 2007
Reply by Kelli Stanley

'fess Up! Which One of Ya'll Here Believe In Ghosts?

I was talking about the old Stanley Hotel in Estes Park below in the discussion "Saturday Night Question" and I thought this would make a f…

Started by DADavenport

20 Aug 22, 2007
Reply by Daniel Hatadi

The Detectives

Hi folks, From This American Life a great show on detectives. Audio only, but hey it's a radio show. ... Maybe on download from ShowTime, v…

Started by Charles A. King

0 Aug 22, 2007

A Saturday Night Question: would you....

rather go out doing whatever or would you rather write--provided--! your writing was going well for a change?! HONESTY, please!

Started by carole gill

27 Aug 21, 2007
Reply by carole gill

World's Sexiest Writer 2007 - Results

Good evening ladies and gentlemen and welcome to the inaugural World's Sexiest Writer awards 2007. Before we begin, I will first ask for a…

Started by Vincent Holland-Keen

13 Aug 21, 2007
Reply by Karyn J. Powers

The Muse Online Writers Conference

The Muse Online Writers Conference is coming in October, but registration closes at the end of August for this year's event. Many worksho…

Started by Pepper Smith

0 Aug 20, 2007

Does an author's background influence your decision to read them?

I was walking though a bookstore recently and overheard a conversation. Two people were looking at a bookshelf, when one of them picked up…

Started by Evil Kev

23 Aug 20, 2007
Reply by Kevin Allman

Is cruelty evil?

Recently, I came face to face with what I considered a cruel, heartless action on the part of someone. Am I correct in equating cruelty wit…

Started by carole gill

17 Aug 20, 2007
Reply by carole gill

Irregular Chapter Lengths

Okay, a nerdy writerly question. In all of my nonfiction and fiction books, the length of my chapters have been somewhat consistent. In my…

Started by Naomi Hirahara

26 Aug 20, 2007
Reply by Dana King

RSS

CrimeSpace Google Search

© 2024   Created by Daniel Hatadi.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service