The Main Bar (1,876)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Mystery Writers who work(ed) in Advertising

Penny Randolph sent me a note about not being surprised to find that a mystery writer worked in the advertising industry. It made me start…

Started by Meredith Anthony

10 Aug 10, 2007
Reply by Burl Barer

PR Firm?

Does anyone out there have experience with a good US PR firm for book publicity? Thanks!

Started by Laura Benedict

7 Aug 8, 2007
Reply by Tom Barclay

More advice on bookstore visits

I've always found both crime writers and crime readers to be mostly very generous people. The notion that we're all competing against one a…

Started by Bill Kirton

7 Aug 7, 2007
Reply by Bill Kirton

Evil

I would describe evil as the absence of moral obligation. Since morality, Goodness, it seems, is peculiar to one species, it would be logic…

Started by Jude Hardin

39 Aug 7, 2007
Reply by Jude Hardin

Mark your calendars

Many writers and readers have asked me when I would do a book signing in Houston . I must admit, this is an area I have lacked in. I have d…

Started by John Foxjohn

0 Aug 7, 2007

Research: Is the past more difficult than the present?

Those of you who write hardboiled, where do you go for research? I am especially interested in researching post war years and police and p…

Started by carole gill

8 Aug 6, 2007
Reply by carole gill

Harrogate Post-Mortem

Given no one else seems to have started a thread following the 2007 Harrogate Crime-Writing Festival, I thought I'd start one in lieu of ge…

Started by Vincent Holland-Keen

5 Aug 6, 2007
Reply by Vincent Holland-Keen

Author Rick Mofina in Nova Scotia

Rick Mofina will be signing his new thriller A PERFECT GRAVE in two book stores. At: Chapters - Bayers Lake Wednesday August 15, 7:00 PM-…

Started by Rick Mofina

0 Aug 4, 2007

Who's Been You Tubed?

Up at Harrogate, I was filmed by Transworld, talking about, and reading from The Accident Man. The films are now up on You Tube. All I can…

Started by Tom Cain

0 Aug 3, 2007

Special Sauce

I'm heading to the Flatiron building today to work with an artist on a map which will be included in the front of my book. My protag (wish…

Started by Rosemary Harris

1 Aug 3, 2007
Reply by I. J. Parker

RSS

CrimeSpace Google Search

© 2024   Created by Daniel Hatadi.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service