Reading Room (240)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Carol O'Connell - A smart Crime Author

Just finished Judas Child. As with several of Ms. O'Connell's other books, - The Mallory Books, - I have cried while wrapping up the final…

Started by shelly goodman

0 Sep 22, 2008

Interesting Historical Detective Biography

As a mystery author, every now and then I pick up a true crime book or a biography of a historical detective to learn more about sleuthing…

Started by Beth Groundwater

2 Sep 12, 2008
Reply by Dennis Leppanen

Peter Rabe

I recently read an Ed Gorman novel, and more than once he name-dropped Rabe in the same breath with one of my influences, John D. MacDonald…

Started by Johnny Ostentatious

2 Sep 3, 2008
Reply by Johnny Ostentatious

First-Person Addict

My blog is called THE MYSTERY BOOKSHELF at http://henryct.wordpress.com/ and I've found that most of the books that I recommend are in the…

Started by CT Henry

25 Aug 27, 2008
Reply by Laura L. Cooper

The Nameless Detective Series

I've just read my first Nameless Detective Series book - called 'Fever' - and I really enjoyed it. Can anyone tell me about the series? Is…

Started by Jacqui Horwood

4 Aug 25, 2008
Reply by Graham Powell

Great suspense

I'm looking for suggestions for great suspense novels. Any ideas? Which ones grabbed you?

Started by Scarlett Dean

11 Aug 22, 2008
Reply by hector

Who Are Your Top 10 (or 8...or 23)?

There was a thread recently which asked people to name their all time top author. This was, as it happens, incredibly difficult. So I'm now…

Started by Donna Moore

60 Aug 19, 2008
Reply by Jacqui Horwood

CRIME by Alix Lambert: anyone read this yet?

CRIME: Alix Lambert ... interviews with artists, authors and actors such as Ben Affleck, David Cronenberg, Elmore Leonard, Viggo Mortense…

Started by Daniel Hatadi

3 Aug 13, 2008
Reply by Daniel Hatadi

Women and Men

I often find it difficult to get into a female frame of mind, and I would bet that the trouble goes the other way as well. I found a book t…

Started by Chip Cook

12 Aug 7, 2008
Reply by Christa Faust

Looking for crime novels set in 1950's New Orleans.

Can anyone recommend any? They can be old or new-- Not interested (at the moment) in contemporary settings either, and yes I love James Lee…

Started by carole gill

3 Aug 5, 2008
Reply by carole gill

RSS

CrimeSpace Google Search

© 2024   Created by Daniel Hatadi.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service