Reading Room (240)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Does the crime fiction genre have a deeper side?

I posed this question yesterday in Daniel Hatadi's discussion discussing the differences between literary and crime fiction. I'd like to po…

Started by carole gill

40 Jul 30, 2008
Reply by sue neale

What Is The First Paragraph Of Your Current Read?

On the excellent 4MA mailing list, one of the standard questions each month is "What is the first paragraph on Page X of the book you are r…

Started by Donna Moore

91 Jul 26, 2008
Reply by Joy Calderwood

The Differences Between Literature And Crime Fiction

Right off the bat I'll say that I'm not starting this discussion to get into the literature vs. genre debate. I just want to explore some o…

Started by Daniel Hatadi

48 Jul 19, 2008
Reply by carole gill

Edogawa Rampo

I picked up his Japanese Tales of Mystery & Imagination after seeing it in the recommended reading list in Stephen King's Danse Macabre…

Started by Johnny Ostentatious

1 Jul 13, 2008
Reply by I. J. Parker

Charles Williams' TOUCH OF DEATH

Recently finished reading this Hard Case Crime novel. I'm usually turned off by greedy characters, but Williams prose grabbed me by the thr…

Started by Johnny Ostentatious

3 Jul 12, 2008
Reply by Jack Green

Not Reading

What are you currently not reading that you intend to get too at sometime in the near future? Whether fiction, non-fiction, articles, and s…

Started by George Wilder Jr.

8 Jun 24, 2008
Reply by Snood1

DEVIL MAY CARE, New Bond Novel Out Wednesday

I can't believe no one's talked about this yet. The first Bond novel since Benson's THE MAN WITH THE RED TATTOO in 2002. DEVIL MAY CARE, w…

Started by John Dishon

4 Jun 24, 2008
Reply by Snood1

Looking for new titles

I just got finished reading Dark Places by Linda Ladd (excellent read, I highly reccomend it). I'm now looking for new books to read. I'm r…

Started by rachael sanders

9 Jun 11, 2008
Reply by rachael sanders

CHILD 44 by Tom Rob Smith

I remember someone raving about this book a few months ago, before it was released. The hype excited me to buy it and read it. Did it live…

Started by John Dishon

11 May 31, 2008
Reply by Neil White

Why Do You Read?

Barbara Fister tagged me with this question some time ago and I've been extremely slow in responding to it. Partly out of laziness, but al…

Started by Daniel Hatadi

19 May 24, 2008
Reply by Margot Renne Payne

RSS

CrimeSpace Google Search

© 2024   Created by Daniel Hatadi.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service