Schmooze Lounge (176)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Building a best-selling author

Publishers Marketplace 'automat' section has a story lifted out of Newsweek mag about David Balducci. The guy has writted 16 best-sellers .…

Started by B.R.Stateham

56 Mar 27, 2009
Reply by JackBludis

A Silver Lining?

Jobs lost, imprints closing, with more publisher consolidation possibly on the horizon. A lot of people are being hurt, but am I the only p…

Started by Dana King

42 Mar 14, 2009
Reply by minervaK

Real Name vs. Pen Name

Just wondered how many of you use your actual name as your author name or if you prefer a pen name. I chose the pen name, Morgan Mandel.…

Started by Morgan Mandel

39 Mar 12, 2009
Reply by minervaK

Crimespace now has chat! So do you want to get together and use it to promote?

Romance authors seem to do chats all the time, talking up the upcoming chats on their online groups. I don't think I've been to very many m…

Started by Christine Duncan

20 Mar 4, 2009
Reply by Daniel Hatadi

Cover Art - How graphic can it get?

I've noticed that the style for crime fiction covers these days seems to be vague and inoffensive. Soft-focus landscapes or city scapes, ro…

Started by Julie Lomoe

20 Feb 3, 2009
Reply by Jaden Terrell

Happy New Year!

Just think of all the fun we're going to have. In 2009, I want to finish my YA horror novel, and I want to lose thirty pounds. Very doable…

Started by Jude Hardin

5 Jan 2, 2009
Reply by Eric Christopherson

Agent info requested

Anyone heard or know anything about an agent named Joel Gotler at IPG? He's just asked to see my co-authored (and nearly completed) WIP. I…

Started by Eric Christopherson

9 Nov 20, 2008
Reply by Jack Getze

Foreplay

What's wrong with a kiss, boy? Hmm? Why not start her off with a nice kiss? You don't have to go leaping straight for the clitoris like a b…

Started by Jude Hardin

34 Nov 19, 2008
Reply by Jude Hardin

Gaining readers because of fact placement of emergency procedures

Increasingly, emergency procedures in my novels , such as handling a pandemic, or requirements for gaining Fake ID, enable me to speak with…

Started by Hazel Edwards

0 Nov 19, 2008

What does a successful crime book look like on Lulu.com?

It's impossible to tell how many times a book has sold on Lulu.com. The top 100 seem to be primarily instructional manuals and the like. Th…

Started by Richard Krauss

7 Nov 18, 2008
Reply by Anita Bell

RSS

CrimeSpace Google Search

© 2024   Created by Daniel Hatadi.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service