All Discussions Tagged 'crime' (52)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Crime writers who were journalists.

I’ve noticed a large number of successful crime writers were journalists early in their careers. Has anyone else noticed this trend. Other…

Started by Denis OLeary

29 Dec 7, 2008
Reply by Dennis Leppanen

Why are murder mysteries so popular?

I've just read an interesting article in The University Daily Kansan, the student voice of the University of Kansas, which was brought to m…

Started by Pauline Rowson

19 Sep 2, 2008
Reply by I. J. Parker

Sex in the Title

As long as we're talking about sex in crime fiction ... How do you react to the word "sex" in a title? Specifically if it's a mystery/suspe…

Started by L.J. Sellers

17 Apr 23, 2008
Reply by Christopher Valen

Nonfiction writers,events contests, communities

It seems to me that there are precious few groups or communities for folks that write true crime. I am constantly looking for a group but e…

Started by The Rural Writer

7 Feb 23, 2008
Reply by The Rural Writer

The Shadow of the Shadow by Paco Ignacio Taibo II

This is historical fiction about revolutionary Mexico and is a terrific murder/crime mystery. I review it on my fiction/crime fiction blog…

Started by James K. Bashkin

6 Jan 27, 2008
Reply by James K. Bashkin

Ideas, Ideas, and more Ideas

Coming up the with something to put down on paper, isn't easy, at least not for me. When I get stuck, I look around the house for anything…

Started by George Wilder Jr.

0 Nov 1, 2007

Halloween parties with unique crime scene themes

I'm preparing the ingredients for a great Halloween party for anyone who is interested. I'll be posting it this week. Here's a few tidbits…

Started by Lyn LeJeune

0 Sep 19, 2007

Getting caught up on my reading!

Currently reading Mark Billingham, Michael connelly- Stuart MacBride- (thanks for the tips) love James Patterson as well, but who are some…

Started by carole gill

32 Sep 5, 2007
Reply by carole gill

2007 Ned Kelly Winners

We've just returned from the 2007 Ned Kelly Awards so a full report will follow in the morning, but the winners are: Lifetime Achievement…

Started by Karen from AustCrime

0 Aug 29, 2007

Crime fiction translated into English

I would like to know which authors readers rate in translation. I know that a lot depends on a good translator, but the style and humour et…

Started by sue neale

19 Jul 6, 2007
Reply by Suzanne

RSS

CrimeSpace Google Search

© 2024   Created by Daniel Hatadi.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service