Forum Discussions (2,613)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

"Andy Barker" and "Raines" Week 2

"Andy Barker" was a bit less funny this week, but still solid and watchable. I'm not sure I like knowing that Raines's visions of dead p…

Started by Gerald So in Box Office

4 Mar 24, 2007
Reply by Rose

Novels That Deal with the Radical Sixties

Can any of you think of novels that deal with the radical movements of the latish sixties other than Marge Piercey's Vida and Roth's Americ…

Started by Patricia Abbott in The Main Bar

22 Mar 24, 2007
Reply by David Skibbins

Too Manly To Gush?

Over on Mark Billingham's forum there's been an interesting and lively discussion about crime fiction reader demographics. The point was ma…

Started by Sandra Ruttan in The Main Bar

29 Mar 24, 2007
Reply by David Skibbins

Fiction and non-fiction...can you do both? I say yes, my agent said "NO!"

Just when I thought I had left the world of non-fiction writing behind; just when I am up to my eyeballs editing "Murder After Midnight" an…

Started by p. b. smith in Schmooze Lounge

6 Mar 24, 2007
Reply by Naomi Hirahara

Publicity

Does anyone know, or have had any dealings with self-proclaimed heavy hitter, Milton Kahn of Milton Kahn Associates Inc.

Started by Thomas O'Callaghan in Schmooze Lounge

1 Mar 24, 2007
Reply by Pari Noskin Taichert

What do you think of awards for books?

It's awards season in the crime community -- that glorious time of year when people get to root for the nominees, cheer (or sneer) for the…

Started by David J. Montgomery in The Main Bar

15 Mar 24, 2007
Reply by Alexandra Sokoloff

What hucksters are on your page?

Besides you and your friends, that is. I just noticed that the ads along the side of my page (if I click the "How others see it") are al…

Started by David Terrenoire in The Main Bar

15 Mar 24, 2007
Reply by norby

More on voice

I've been wondering something for quite a while. Is it possible that a writer's voice is like an actor's style - in other words, just as th…

Started by Christa M. Miller in Writer's Den

2 Mar 24, 2007
Reply by Anne Frasier

Cruel and unusual death photo challenge

I'm currently developing an idea for a crime serial to go on sites like Youtube. The opening sequence includes a photo montage of murder vi…

Started by Vincent Holland-Keen in The Main Bar

1 Mar 24, 2007
Reply by Stephen Blackmoore

"Comfort Reading"?

Wikipedia defines comfort food as a food or drink that someone turns to because of "familiarity, simplicity, and/or pleasant associations."…

Started by Graham Powell in Reading Room

13 Mar 23, 2007
Reply by Laura Root

RSS

CrimeSpace Google Search