Forum Discussions (2,613)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Don't assume

If you're an author, you need to be aware that your publisher might not be sending your book to everyone who wants to review it. Except Har…

Started by Jon Jordan in Schmooze Lounge

10 Mar 20, 2007

Crime novels where the crime does not take place...

Can anyone think of examples where the expected crime does not take place and yet the story is still satisfying and you don't feel cheated?…

Started by Patricia Abbott in Reading Room

14 Mar 20, 2007
Reply by Karen from AustCrime

Bad men and good writing.

I was doing a bit of research (OK, I was goofing off) following the bread crumbs wherever they took me. I started looking at events in 1941…

Started by David Terrenoire in Writer's Den

23 Mar 20, 2007
Reply by J.D. Rhoades

Bruised Egos

When I see a movie I really like, I usually head over to the Internet Movie Database to find out what other viewers thought of it. It never…

Started by Robert Gregory Browne in Box Office

13 Mar 20, 2007

The Yin and Yang of Great Books

An author has many jobs to do when writing a book. They have to set the scene, introduce the characters, relay information pertaining to th…

Started by Sandra Ruttan in Writer's Den

11 Mar 19, 2007

Daniel Hatadi

We need to get Daniel to America.................fast and soon

Started by Ken Bruen in The Main Bar

26 Mar 19, 2007
Reply by BrianLindenmuth

The Accidental Poet

Anyone on Crimespace read and/or write poetry? All my years in school and two years into my teaching career, prose writing seemed more soli…

Started by Gerald So in The Main Bar

3 Mar 19, 2007
Reply by norby

Two Types of Television Shows

I've noticed over the last few years that television has been evolving. When it comes to screenwriting, I think the very best material you…

Started by Robert Gregory Browne in Box Office

22 Mar 19, 2007

Character crushes: anything to confess?

Okay folks it's the weekend and any excuse will do for a bit of lighthearted discussion. Except this one involves a little 'fessing up, too…

Started by Julie Morrigan in Reading Room

11 Mar 18, 2007
Reply by Julie Morrigan

Reading group - help needed, please!

Hi all! I need to pick your brains - please? My latest crime novel, "A Dangerous Man", is being discussed at the local university's reading…

Started by Anne Brooke in Schmooze Lounge

8 Mar 18, 2007
Reply by Anne Brooke

RSS

CrimeSpace Google Search